Chicken Breasts with
2 tablespoons Butter
4 Chicken Breast halves, skinned and boned
1 (8-ounce) package sliced Mushrooms
½ cup Sour Cream
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
1/8 Teaspoon White Pepper
· Heat butter in skillet. Add chicken and brown on both sides.
· Remove chicken to 1-quart baking dish, reserving drippings in skillet.
· Add mushrooms to drippings and sauté. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
· Stir champagne into drippings, simmer until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Pour over chicken; cover and bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is done.
· Remove chicken to platter, reserving the liquid.
· Add sour cream, salt & pepper to reserved liquid; whisk until smooth.
· Pour over chicken and top with mushrooms.
Yield: 4 servings